Mahindra’s Thar’s variants explained
The greatest offroader of the country India, Mahindra Thar has recently unveiled on the 74th Independence Day via the online platform. There were two variants introduced- AX and LX. The AX stands for “Adventure Series” that is meant for great offroading with minimum luxury in a low price while the LX stands for “Lifestyle Series” that is meant for the occasional offroader and for those who love to drive in cities and want a comfortable, luxury and bold SUV.
The design of this ultimate Mahindra Thar is quite robust and to the aggressive side, which also resembles it to the Jeep Wrangler but just a glimpse. This is completely different from it whether its the front nose, the clamshell hood, trapezoidal front wheel arches, 18 inches alloy wheels with 225/65/R18 section tyres and the removable hard and soft top options.
There will be two engine options available to choose from. A 2.2-liter, 4-Cylinder, Diesel engine that produces 132 bhp and 300 nm while the other one is 2.0-liter, 4-Cylinder, Petrol engine that produces 152 bhp and 320 nm. For the first time, Mahindra is offering a 6-Speed Automatic Torque Converter gearbox in the Thar but this gearbox is limited to LX variants only. The rest only available with the 6-Speed Manual one.
2020 Mahindra Thar AX
Engine and Gearbox
- 2.2-liter, 4-Cylinder, Diesel engine with 6-Speed MT
- 2.0-liter, 4-Cylinder, Petrol engine with 6-Speed MT
- Dual Airbags + ABS
- Central Locking
- Power Steering + Power Windows
- Mechanical Locking Differential
- Steel Footsteps
- R16 White Steel Wheels
- 6-Seater (2 Front + 4 Side-Facing)
- Fixed Soft Top
- Intellipark: Rear Parking Assist
- Convertable Top OR Hard Top
- Front Facing Rear Seats with Roll Cage + ISOFIX
- Remote Keyless Entry ( with Hard Top)
- Height Adjustable Driver Seat
2020 Mahindra Thar LX
Engine and Gearbox
- 2.2-liter, 4-Cylinder, Diesel engine with 6-Speed MT and 6-Speed AT
- 2.0-liter, 4-Cylinder, Petrol engine with 6-Speed AT
- Dual Tone Bumper
- Convertible OR Hard Top Option
- Moulded Footsteps
- R18 Alloy Wheels with 255/65 section tyre
- LED DRLs + Front Fog Lamps
- Height + Lumbar Adjustment on Front Seats
- Premium Fabric Upholstery
- Touch Screen Infotainment + TFT MID Screen
- Adventure Stats and Adventure Calender
- Tyretronics and Tyre Direction Monitoring System
- Electrix HVAC Switches
- ESP (Electronic Stability Programme)
- Brake Locking Differential
The all new-gen Mahindra Thar is a complete offroader and now comes along with luxury, comfort, and features in the LX trim. While the AX trim is designed for some keen offroad enthusiasts that can go towards the impossible. There are one great element is added by Mahindra and this the water-resistance certified cabin. So after a long hardcore offroading in any weather condition, you can just be the interior by water and get ready for another trip.
Mahindra Thar Prices and Launch Date?
The launch date of 2020 Mahindra Thar is 2nd of October 2020 which was officially announced by the Mahindra Team on 15th of August. However, the prices are not revealed yet but according to our expectation, it would cost around Rs 9.99-13.5 lakh (Ex-showroom).