The Toyota Supra comes with a 3.0l, inline 6 Cylinder engine paired with 8 Speed Automatic Gearbox.
Introduction to the 2023 Toyota Supra
It’s 2023, and Toyota has launched its one and only sports car Supra in a new avatar, and with new offerings. It’s now become more stylish, feature-rich, and powerful than its predecessor. The supra car price will be now on the higher side because of the addition of plenty of new tech features and more horses to the engine.
However, there are a lot of parts that are similar/taken from the BMW Z4 but the shape and overall body dynamics make it different and unique to drive. The Supra in India can be launched in the future through the homologation route. The Toyota Vellfire has already debuted in India through the same route.
If it follows the same route then, the Toyota GR Supra price in India would be set up at Rs 75-1.5 cr, Ex-showroom. The price of the Toyota Supra in India jumped with the year 2023 and now it’ll be more costly to afford.
“The only sports car of Toyota Supra GR Price is between $44,040-$67,305 (i.e Rs 75 lakhs -1.1 Cr Approx”
More About Toyota Supra:
Toyota Supra Price in India
|Variant||Toyota Supra Price in India||Toyota Supra Price in the USA|
|2.0||Rs 75-77 Lakh||$ 44,040|
|3.0||Rs 85-89 Lakh||$ 55,565|
|3.0 Premium||Rs 89-95 Lakh||$ 58,715|
|A91-CF Edition||Rs 1-1.5 Crore||$ 67,305|
The Sportscar comes in four different variants and starts from Supra 2.0 as a base and the Supra A91-CF Edition as the top end. Whereas, the Toyota GR Supra Price in India could be Rs 70-72 lakhs for the base 2.0 model and Rs 95-98 lakhs for the top-end A91-CF Edition. On the other side, the Toyota Supra Price in the USA is $44,215 for the base 2.0 model and $64,305 for the top-end A91-CD Edition.
What is the Homologation of Cars?
Homologation is the process of entering a new product into a market with the Government’s permission. Homologation is issued by a Government officer and grants permission to the manufacturers to enter a new product into the market.
Fact:- Toyota Vellfire is the first product of Toyota Kirloskar Motor that launched in the Indian market through the Homologation route. As recently, the Indian Government has issued a 2500-unit homologation-free import route for automobile manufacturers. So Toyota could bring the Supra GR to India through this homologation route.
2023 Toyota Supra Colours
- Nocturnal Black
- Renaissance Red 2.0
- Turbulence Grey
- Phantom-A91-CF Edition
- Yellow-A91-CF Edition
Key Features of the 2023 Toyota Supra GR
- 8.8-in. full-digital TFT LCD gauge cluster including a tachometer, speedometer, and MID
- Manual sport seats with lumbar and bolster adjustment
- Power-adjustable sport seats with driver’s-seat memory including lumbar and bolster adjustment
- Large knee-support cushions
- Sport pedals
- Cruise control
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Hill Start Assist Control (HAC)
- 12-speaker JBL® HiFi Surround Sound system (500W)
- Driver and front passenger Advanced Airbag System: front, side, curtain, and knee airbags
- Directional parking lights
- Automatic High Beams (AHB)
- Lane Departure Warning with Steering Assist (LDW w/SA)
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)
- Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS)
- High-performance Michelin® Pilot® Super Sport summer tires (front: 255/35ZR19, rear: 275/35ZR19)
- Brake Assist (BA)
- Driver Assist—includes Full-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC), Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA), Parking Sensors with Emergency Braking Function
2023 Toyota Supra Overview
At the first sight, The Toyota Supra mk4 does look supremely luxurious and super stylish. The big headlight almost covers the entire bumper and the LED DRLs (with turn indicators) look massive and the through is too good. The lower parts of the front bumper have large air intakes to feed the hungry 6-cylinder motor.
Also Read: Toyota Supra Dimensions.
The side of the Toyota Supra GR has a coupe-style design and some fake air intakes are designed. When someone asked the Toyota team about the fake intakes then they stated ‘We made them, So you can aftermarket modify your Supra and use these intakes for better performance. That indicates that Toyota promotes aftermarket mods and won’t provide a higher specs variant with proper use of each and every vent, real or fake.
Apart from this, it has a set of 19 inches, Aluminium spokes alloy wheels with Michelin Pilot super sports rubber. Just after the coupe rooftop, the rear end is completely different/unique from its competition, it has chiseled Led taillamps, a double exhaust pipe, and a reverse light.
“The car does look sporty and muscular, thanks to the big headlights and sharply cut bumper”
One thing is very clear and prominent in the interior of the Supra MK4 and that is, the interior elements are majorly sourced/taken from the BMW Z4. Whether, they are the infotainment switches, AC control unit switches, Gear knob, Steering wheel, trackpad, or even AC vents. Besides it, the interior feels upmarket and rich with leather upholstery and great comfort from the front seats (The rear seats are only for kids/luggage).
The features list is quite long and impressive. It has an 8.8-inch TFT LCD gauge cluster with a tachometer, Speedometer, and MID, Power-adjustable driver seats with memory function, and lumbar & bolsters adjustments, Paddle shifters, Cruise control, Hill Start Assist Control (HAC), Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Brake Assist, Parking Sensors, etc.
The Toyota Supra has sporty bucket seats that are designed to provide excellent support and comfort for both drivers and passengers.
The seats are upholstered in a mix of leather and synthetic materials, with adjustable lumbar support and side bolsters to help keep the driver and passengers secure during hard cornering.
A split-folding bench seat in the back of the vehicle can accommodate two additional passengers, though the limited legroom may make it more suitable for children or smaller adults.
Overall, the Toyota Supra seats are well-regarded for their comfort and support, and they play an important role in the car’s sporty and performance-oriented personality.
“The interior is quite premium and sporty but gives the feeling of BMW Z4”
Performance and Transmission
The Supra car is a performance-rich sports car and does get powerful engine options. The Supra is offered two engine options. One is the base 2.0-liter, Twin-Scroll, Single Turbo Inline 4-Cylinder motor that generates 255 bhp @ 5000-6500 rpm, and 400 Nm of peak torque @ 1550-4400 rpm.
Whereas, the second 3.0-liter, Twin-Scroll, Single Tubo Inline 6-Cylinder motor churns out a massive 382 bhp @ 5800-6500 rpm and 498 Nm of peak torque @ 1800-5000 rpm.
Performance-wise, the 3.0-liter motor is 1.9 sec faster than the 2.0-liter motor in a 0-60mph run (0-100 kmph run). While the track top speed is the same in both the engines (in an electronically controlled environment) at 155/249 mph and kmph respectively.
Also Read: Toyota Supra Top Speed and Mileage.
“The 3.0-lit, 6-Cylinder motor is quite powerful yet economic on fuel”
2023 Toyota Supra Records
Here are some of the most notable Toyota Supra records:
Fastest quarter-mile time:
- The Toyota Supra has set several records for the fastest quarter-mile time. In 2002, a Toyota Supra set the record for the fastest quarter-mile time for a stock vehicle at just 10.6 seconds. This record was later broken by another Supra in 2003, with a time of 10.5 seconds.
Fastest lap time at the Nürburgring:
- In 2019, the Toyota Supra set the record for the fastest lap time at the Nürburgring for a production car with a time of just 7 minutes and 52 seconds. This record was set by a Supra with the optional Performance Package, which includes upgraded suspension and brakes, as well as a sportier exhaust system.
Most successful touring car:
- The Toyota Supra has also made a name for itself in touring car racing. In the early 1990s, the Supra dominated the Japanese Touring Car Championship, winning the championship three years in a row from 1992 to 1994.
Most modified Supra:
- The Toyota Supra has a huge following among car enthusiasts, and it is not uncommon to see heavily modified examples with custom engines, suspension setups, and body kits. One of the most heavily modified Supra’s is owned by John Paul Sr., who has spent over $100,000 and countless hours modifying his Supra with a twin-turbocharged engine, custom suspension, and more.
2023 Toyota Supra GR Sport Warranty
The warranty for the 2023 Toyota Supra GR Sport will depend on the specific model and trim level that you have purchased.
Generally, the Toyota Supra GR Sport comes with a three-year/36,000-mile basic warranty and a five-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty. The basic warranty covers repairs to the vehicle due to defects in materials or workmanship, while the powertrain warranty covers the engine, transmission, and other major drivetrain components.
In addition to these standard warranties, the Toyota Supra may also be covered by additional warranties, such as a corrosion perforation warranty and an emission control warranty.
The corrosion perforation warranty covers repairs to the vehicle due to rust or corrosion, while the emission control warranty covers repairs to the emission control system.
It’s worth noting that the Toyota Supra warranty may vary depending on the region in which the vehicle is purchased and used. It’s always a good idea to check with a Toyota dealer or refer to the owner’s manual for specific warranty information.
Toyota Supra GR Sport Maintenance
The cost of Toyota Supra maintenance is determined by several factors, including the vehicle’s age and condition, the type of maintenance or repairs required, and the cost of labour and parts in your area.
The Toyota Supra is known for being a dependable and well-built vehicle in general, and regular maintenance can help keep it running smoothly for many years. Oil changes, tyre rotations, and brake inspections are all common Supra maintenance items.
These types of maintenance tasks are typically performed by a mechanic or a dealership, and the cost will vary depending on the services provided and the cost of parts.
More comprehensive repairs, such as engine or transmission work, can be more costly, depending on the extent of the damage and the cost of parts and labour. Maintaining regular maintenance and addressing any issues as soon as they arise is always a good idea, as this can help prevent more costly repairs down the road.
The most commonly replaceable parts during service are:
- Oil filter
- Air filter
- Fuel filter
- Spark plugs
- Serpentine belt
- Timing belt
- Brake pads
- Engine oil
- Transmission fluid
- Power steering fluid
- Throttle body gasket
- Exhaust gasket
- Oxygen sensor
How you can maintain your Toyota Supra?
Maintaining your Toyota Supra is important to ensure that it stays in top condition and performs at its best. Here are some tips on how to maintain your Toyota Supra:
- Follow the recommended maintenance schedule: Toyota provides a recommended maintenance schedule for your Supra, which outlines the service intervals for various parts and systems of the car. It is important to follow this schedule to keep your Supra in good working order.
- Change the oil and oil filter regularly: Oil is the lifeblood of your car’s engine, and it is important to keep it clean and at the correct level. The oil filter should also be changed regularly to ensure that it is functioning properly.
- Inspect and replace the air filter: The air filter is responsible for removing dirt and debris from the air that enters the engine. A clogged air filter can reduce engine performance, so it is important to inspect it regularly and replace it when necessary.
- Check and replace the spark plugs: Spark plugs are responsible for igniting the fuel in the engine, and they need to be in good working order to ensure that the engine runs smoothly. They should be checked regularly and replaced when needed.
- Check and replace the brake pads: The brake pads are an important safety feature of your Supra, and they should be checked regularly to ensure that they are in good condition. If they are worn down, they should be replaced to ensure optimal braking performance.
- Check and rotate the tyres: Regularly checking and rotating your tires is important to ensure that they wear evenly and last longer. This can also improve your Supra’s handling and fuel efficiency.
- Check and refill fluids: It is important to regularly check and refill the various fluids in your Supra, including the coolant, transmission fluid, and power steering fluid. These fluids help keep your car running smoothly and prevent damage to the various systems.
Toyota Supra Price in India Specification and Features
|Valvetrain||DOHC 16-valve||DOHC 24-valve|
|Horsepower (hp @ rpm)||255 @ 5000-6500||382 @ 5800-6500|
|Torque (nm @ rpm)||400 @ 1550-4400||498 @ 1800-5000|
|Bore x stroke (mm.)||82.0 x 94.6||82.0 x 94.6|
|Fuel system||Direct Injection||Direct Injection|
|Fuel octane rating||Premium||Premium|
|Engine oil capacity (liters)||6.5||6.5|
|0-60 mph (seconds)||5||3.9|
|0-100 kmph (seconds)||5.2||4.1|
|Top track speed (electronically controlled) (mph)||155||155|
|Top track speed (electronically controlled) (kmph)||249||249|
|8-speed Automatic Transmission with paddle shifters and Manual Mode||Y||Y|
|Front-engine, Rear-Wheel Drive (RWD)||Y||Y|
|Active rear sport differential||N||Y|
|Double-joint-type MacPherson strut front suspension||Y||Y|
|The multi-link independent rear suspension||Y||Y|
|Adaptive Variable Sport (AVS) suspension system||N||Y|
|Hollow front and rear stabilizer bars||Y||Y|
|Stabilizer bar diameter, front/rear (mm.)||23.5/18.0||23.5/18.0|
|Sport-calibrated Electric Power Steering (EPS); power-assisted rack-and-pinion||Y||Y|
|Steering wheel turns (lock-to-lock)||2.1||2.1|
|Turning circle diameter, curb-to-curb (ft.)||34.1||34.1|
|Electric Parking Brake (EPB)||Y||Y|
|Rotor type (front)||Ventilated||Ventilated|
|1-piston aluminum floating-caliper disc brakes (front)||Y||N|
|Brembo® 4-piston fixed-caliper disc brakes (front)||N||Y|
|Rotor size, diameter x thickness, mm. (in.) (front)||330 mm. x 24 mm. (13 in. x .94 in.)||348 MM. X 36 MM. (13.7 IN. X 1.4 IN.)|
|Rotor type (rear)||Ventilated||Ventilated|
|1-piston aluminum floating-caliper disc brakes (rear)||Y||Y|
|Rotor size, diameter x thickness, mm. (in.) (rear)||330 MM. X 20 MM. (13 IN. X 0.79 IN.)||330 mm. x 20 mm. (13 in. x 0.79 in.)|
|Basic Warranty||36 months/36,000 miles||36 months/36,000 miles|
|Powertrain||60 months/60,000 miles||60 months/60,000 miles|
|Corrosion Perforation||60 months/unlimited miles||60 months/unlimited miles|
|Restraint Systems||60 months/60,000 miles||60 months/60,000 miles|
Competitors of the 2023 Toyota Supra
These are the major competitors of the Toyota Supra:
- BMW Z4
- AUDI TT
- Porsche 718 Boxter
- Chevrolet Corvette
So these are the competitors of Toyota Supra. In which the Porsche 718 Boxter is the most expensive in the Indian market and the Audi TT is the cheapest. Meanwhile, the Chevrolet Corvette is not available in the Indian market but it costs $60,900 for the base variant in the US market. Whereas the BMW Z4 costs Rs 66 lakh, the AUDI TT Rs 65 lakh, and the Porsche 718 Boxter costs Rs 1.25 Crore. All the prices are ex-showroom and tax and other duties will apply.
The Bemmer “Z4” comes powered by a 3.0-liter turbocharged engine that churns out 335 bhp of power and 500 Nm of peak torque. The engine is mated to a 6-Speed Automatic transmission with a paddle shifter on the steering wheel, while the drive type is the rear wheel.
The 3.0-liter engine is enough powerful and can do 0-100 km/h run in under 6 seconds, whereas the top speed is limited to 240 km/h. In terms of fuel efficiency, the BMW Z4’s mileage is 9-10 km/h
The Audi TT comes powered by a 2.0-liter, turbocharged mated to a 6-Speed Automatic gearbox with sports mode and a paddle shifter on the steering wheel. The 2.0-liter tiny engine is capable to generates 227 bhp of max power and 370 Nm of peak torque. While the driver type is AWD.
The Audi TT can do a 0-100 km/h stand-still run in around 7 Seconds. Whereas, the top speed is limited to 280 km/h and the Audi TT mileage is around 10-11 km/h.
Porsche 718 Boxter
The Porsche 718 Boxter is equipped with a 1998cc, 4-Cylinder Flat, Turbocharged engine mated to a 7-Speed Dual Channel, Manual Over-ride with paddle shifter, and Sport Mode. The motor churns out 295 bhp of maximum power and 380 Nm of peak torque. While the drive type is RWD.
The Porsche 718 Boxter can do a 0-100 km/h run in under 5 seconds and the top speed is limited to 275 km/h. In terms of mileage, the Porsche 718 mileage is around 10-11 km/h.
The Chevrolet Corvette comes powered by a 6.2-liter, 8-Cylinder, Turbocharged petrol engine that generates a massive 638 bhp of power and 819 Nm of peak torque. The massive V8 is mated to an automatic transmission with a paddle shifter and multiple drive modes.
The Spontaneous Chevrolet Corvette can do a 0-100 km/h run from a standstill in under 4 seconds and the top speed is limited to 350 km/h. The massive machine consumes a lot of fuel hence, the Corvette’s mileage is around 6-7 km/h combined.
You Can Also Check
Pros and Cons
- Great Reliability
- Powerful 3.0-ltr, 6-Cylinder Motor
- Value to Money Sports Car
- Poor Visibility
- Not Great Interiors
- Stiff Ride Quality
Toyota Supra Price in India Conclusion
Now it’s time to give silence to my words by saying, the Toyota Supra is a great sports car with powerful engines. Especially the 3.0-liter, 6-Cylinder motor that car touch 0-60 mph in just 3.9 sec. Despite being a powerful car, the Supra does give quite good mileage and costs less in maintenance than its other rivals.
However, the use of BMW stuff is quite identical in the interior and does give a feel of a BMW Z4. Apart from this, the Supra GE car is great in terms of comfort, specs, and features. So if you are waiting to buy this car in the Indian market then you have to wait for a time until Toyota Kirloskar Motors has brought this car to the Indian market.
As of now, we can’t tell the proper date of launch in India but from some of our sources, we got an expected time of the second half of the year 2023. If we get any other information in the future then we’ll definitely share it with you.